I’ve received an award from Kate, who runs a seriously cool blog called Words and Deeds–A Writing Life.
She gave me a Versatile Blogger award! How cool is that?
But, there’s a catch to getting this award.
*shoves acceptance speech up shirt sleeve and looks embarrassed for being all greedy with the award before I earned it*
I have to tell you seven random things about me first…
And, here’s more rules
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 random things about you
- Share the love with your favorite bloggers
- Put up the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your blog
So, without further ado, here are seven random things about me!
1. Fifteen years ago my mom and I survived a car accident. A “head-on collision while going seventy-five miles an hour on the freeway” kind of car accident. It was 12:30 at night and the other driver fell asleep, crossed the freeway median, and plowed right into us. My mom is an amazingly tough lady…she had to have bone taken from her hip and put into her neck to fuse two of her neck bones together. Left a brutal scar, but the point is, she made it through. The takeaway of this story…wear your seatbelt!
2. My high school sport…swimming. I started swimming competitively when I was 9, went to Junior Olympics when I was 13, and lettered my freshman, sophomore, and junior year. (I had to quit my senior year, but that’s another story)
3. I am a mother to twins who were born four weeks premature. They were the “poster children” for the local chapter of our hometown’s March of Dimes organization when they were three months old.
4. My favorite flower is a daisy.
5. My computer chair has a seriously annoying squeak that I cannot fix. Or, maybe I’ve just learned to love the noise because I don’t try to fix it anymore.
6. My husband and I waited to, well…you know, until we were married. Yep, true story!
7. I’m a chronic abuser of exclamation points, ellipsis, and smiley faces. They’re all over my blog…and my emails. I can’t help myself 🙂 :).
And, now for seven bloggers I want to pass this award on to…
2. Artemis Grey
3. Margo Kelly
4. PK Hrezo
5. Winona Cross
6. All the Wordbitches (Please, tell me you know their blog. Visit!)
And, if you’re reading this blog I’m betting you’re a writer, and if you’re a writer, you need to know this…
Click on it, learn it, live it.
And finally, since brutal honesty seems to be the theme of today’s post…have you ever wondered what readers think of your blog? No, what they REALLY think of your blog?
Click HERE to find out.